CT SCAN SERVICE
During some treatments and procedures, an X-Ray may not be sufficient. You may need a dental CT scan to show a more detailed image to give a better picture of your mouth, teeth, gums and jawbones.
Common cases when you may need a CT scan include:
● Ensuring the accurate placement of dental implants
● Oral surgery, for example, if you require bone grafting or regeneration for dental implants
● Evaluating your jaw, sinuses and nerve canals
● Detecting and treating tumours in your jaw
● Diagnosing Temporomandibular (TMJ) jaw and bite disorders
● Planning for any type of surgery including the removal of impacted teeth
● Orthodontic planning
Just like an X-Ray, a CT scan is taken whilst you are standing up and is completely painless.
At EgoDent, we are proud always to ensure that we use the latest technology. Our Hyperion X5 CT scan is dynamic and completely innovative. It allows images to be taken of your teeth, dental structures, gums, soft tissues, nerves and bone in one single scan.
These high-quality pictures help to give us a more detailed picture about your oral health and this, in turn, can have an implication on your general health.
The pioneering technology means that we get both 2D and 3D images of your scan, allowing us to give a more accurate diagnosis and scope for more effective treatment.
The Hyperion X5 CT scan allows us to view the results in a variety of ways and will form vital
part of your patient records.
You can lose teeth for a variety of reasons including tooth decay, injury or illness. Whatever the reason, missing teeth can be embarrassing and seriously affect your self-esteem. You may lack confidence and not want to smile. Fortunately, there is a solution.